Five Reasons To Start Sipping Madura Flowers of Camomile Leaf Tea Today!Imagine you have just experienced a very long day. You are tired, feeling a tad flat and want to time out on the couch with a cozy blanket, a distracting book, and a steaming hot cuppa. Sounds perfectly relaxing – we think so!
Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax!Did you know that it is not just the ritual of doing not much that can bring about relaxation but also the brew of choice that could provide you with some rest! Camomile is particularly effective at making you feel sleepy because of its chemical structure. The plant extract contains apigenin, a chemical compound that induces sleepiness and a relaxing effect. Traditionally camomile has been used to help calm, relax and ease one into a restful night's sleep. However, this truly is only the beginning!
Camomile - a bright gold, soothing, sweet brew with a delicious aroma.Camomile is an attractive herb that comes from the daisy-like flowers of the Asteraceae plant family. Once a native plant to only Europe, it is now prevalent globally, including here in Australia - blooming in the summer months. With a delicate and silky floral taste, camomile is considered a very gentle, supportive herb that all ages can steep, sip and enjoy daily. Either as a soothing warm brew or as a refreshing icy cold drink!
Since ancient times caffeine-free camomile has been known for its beauty and healing properties. Derived from the Greek word "chamos" (ground) and "melos" (apple), it refers to the plant's low growth and subtle apple-scented blossoms. The ancient Egyptians referred to it as an "Infusion of the Sun."
Boasting numerous health benefits ranging from better sleep and digestion to helping with anxiety and improving skin.Aside from sleep and anxiety, camomile tea has many potential health benefits, including reducing menstrual pain, inflammation and helping to lower blood sugar levels. Because of its natural sedative and muscle relaxant components, it's often referred to as the perfect herbal brew. However, the benefits of camomile are abundant and so much more than helping you fall asleep.
Five reasons to start steeping, sipping and enjoying a camomile today!
- Camomile tea can help reduce inflammation and skin conditions - Sipping camomile can help those with diabetes and lowering blood sugar levels.
- Can help treat a cold - consider sipping a soothing cup of camomile and let it work its magic. You can also inhale its steam to help ease nasal congestion, a runny nose and sore throat.
- It can help to reduce muscle spasms and period pain. Camomile tea can make life on your period easier by reducing menstrual pain. Research has shown that a cup of camomile can relax the uterus and decreases the production of hormone-like substances that can cause inflammation and pain.
- Camomile tea is a gentle relaxant to reduce stress and acts as an effective natural sedative, helping to reduce anxiety.
- Anti-Ageing, camomile is a powerhouse of antioxidants, and it is said to protect the skin from free-radical damage. It accelerates cell and tissue regeneration helps tighten the pores allowing to slow down the ageing process.