Ah, pancakes - glorious pancakes.
Whether you like yours gluten-free, vegan free, sugar-free or loaded up with choc chips and buried under a funnel of sugar - you just may also want to consider getting creative and adding to your repertoire a tea-infused maple syrup. For an authentic experience try getting inventive with your humble maple syrup and then eat your pancakes at breaky, lunch or dinner! Start with your favourite classic pancake base recipe - if you don't have one on hand, feel free to borrow from our go-to version.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and then wrap in foil each finished pancake while cooking the remainder.
Now here come the TEA'wist, serve with a tea-infused maple syrup - prepare them before making pancakes.
Tea Infused Maple Syrup
1 cup of pure maple syrup 1 x cinnamon stick 3 x cloves 1 tsp Madura Earl Grey Leaf Tea
(change this out to your favourite Madura black tea if you would prefer - the choice is yours)
Gently heat in a small saucepan maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves, tea and brew for 5 mins - remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Strain and place into an airtight. Plate up! Accompany your pancakes with your favourite fruit and drizzle (or pour) over tea infuse maple syrup. For a little added decadence serve with a dollop of cream - yum!
Madura is committed to producing pure, healthy tea that is bursting with flavour. To read more about Madura Tea Estate or discover all of our quality blends, organic and herbal teas, we welcome you to visit our online store.