Introducing Iced Te Chai, a sublime fusion of bold Madura Te Chai spices and icy refreshment. Savour the sweet and spiced allure that dances over ice, offering a tantalising escape from the ordinary. The perfect blend of exotic and chilled, it's your ultimate cool companion on any sunny day.
Sweet Iced Chai
- 1-2 teaspoons of loose Madura Te Chai leaves (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2-4 tablespoons of honey or sugar (adjust to taste)
- Boil water: In a saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Add Madura Te Chai leaves: Remove the saucepan from heat and add 2-3 teaspoons of loose Madura Tea Chai leaves to the hot water.
- Steep Te Chai leaves: Cover the saucepan and let the Te Chai leaves and spices steep in the hot water for about 5-7 minutes. Adjust the steeping time to your preferred chai strength.
- Sweeten and add milk: Stir in 2-4 tablespoons of honey or sugar while the tea is still warm, adjusting the sweetness to your liking.
- Allow the Te Chai to cool to room temperature.
- Combine with milk: Once the Te Chai has cooled, combine it with 1 cup of milk. You can use dairy milk or a non-dairy alternative like almond or coconut milk.
- Prepare your glass: Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour Te Chai and milk mixture: Pour the chai and milk mixture over the ice in the glass.
- Garnish (Optional): If desired, garnish your Iced Chai with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or a cinnamon stick for added flavour.
- Stir and serve: Give the Iced Te Chai a good stir to ensure the flavours are well combined.
Sip and enjoy your homemade Iced Te Chai, a refreshing beverage that combines the rich flavours of Madura Te Chai with the chill of ice.
This method allows you to make Madura Te Chai with loose leaves, which can provide a richer and more customisable chai experience. Adjust the amount of leaves and steeping time to suit your taste. Feel free to experiment with additional spices or ingredients like cardamom pods, cloves, or ginger for added complexity and flavour.
A couple of pro hints
1. Freeze some plain chai tea (no milk) ice cubes to add into your Iced Te Chai so it does not water down
2. For a delicious little kicker - rub the rim of your glass with a little honey. Add a a teaspoon of cinnamon to a flat plate and carefully place the glass rim side down onto cinnamon. Add your iced tea.
Our award-winning brews are a combination of passion, pioneering and personality. Over 26 blends with one ultimate goal: the purest, cleanest and best tasting brew. Visit our website for more information on our 100% Australian owned business, or to discover our exciting range.