Strawberry basil iced tea - a refreshing and healthy alternative!
As summer races towards us, there are some great healthy alternatives to keep us hydrated and refreshed - one of those being a home-made Madura iced tea! An inexpensive, solution to mass-produced bottled tea often loaded with sugar, colours and preservatives. You only limit your creativity when making delicious iced tea! After water, tea is the most frequently consumed beverage in the world but did you know that drinking tea on 'the rocks' is not only massively popular across the globe, but a home-made iced tea is also loaded with a myriad of health benefits! To help you get started on your iced tea creativity - choose our award-winning Premium Blend tea and an Australian favourite fruit; the humble.
Strawberry. Madura Premium Blend
- 8 Premium Blend tea bags
- 450 grams of fresh strawberries, hulled and halved (quartered if too large)
- 1 cup water, plus extra 4 cups for steeping
- 1/2 cup of raw sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 cup fresh basil, plus more for serving
- Ice, for serving
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add tea bags, and let steep for 5 minutes – set aside to cool.
- Place strawberries in a bowl.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, add basil, and steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain over strawberries; discard basil. Toss to coat. Let stand until room temperature - about 25 minutes.
- Combine strawberries (with syrup) and tea in a pitcher.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with basil.