An unforgettable taste
When brewed, our Te Chai using the traditional spices of nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, star anise, bay leaf and cloves results in s a smooth and aromatic brew with an unforgettable taste. Try it with milk and honey and you’ll never buy another takeaway chai latte again – unless it’s a Madura chai! Available in loose-leaf and leaf infusers.
Delicious Ginger Goodness
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 Madura Te Chai leaf infuser bag
- n a large bowl, using a fork, stir flour with spices and baking soda.
- Slit open a chai-tea bag. Stir 1 tbsp of the leaves into flour mixture along with spices.
- Using a wooden spoon, in a medium bowl beat butter with sugar for 2 min.
- Beat in egg, then molasses.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, then pour in molasses mixture.
- Mix until most of the molasses is absorbed. Gently knead until the dough is an even colour.
- Divide into 4 portions. Shape each into a ball, then flatten slightly into a disc.
- Wrap separately with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 min.
- When ready to bake, remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature until soft enough to roll, 5 to 10 min.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray or oil a baking sheet.
- Place a disc of dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Roll dough no thicker than 1/4 in and cut out shapes with a biscuit cutter.
- Place on baking sheet ensuring a good amount of space in between.
- Bake in centre of the preheated oven just until edges begin to darken, 7 to 10 min.
- Remove cookies to a rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
Discover our full range today to steep. sip and enjoy!SHOP NOW
Our award-winning brews are a combination of passion, pioneering and personality. Over 20 blends with one ultimate goal: the purest, cleanest and best-tasting tea. We welcome you to visit our website to discover more about our 100% Australian owned farm.