- 3 1/2 cups Self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 60g Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 2/3 cup Grated Cheese
- Extra Milk, For Brushing
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced and grease a baking tray.
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add butter and rub until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and add milk, chives, dried herbs, and 3/4 of the cheese. Stir with a knife until dough almost comes together.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until it comes together. Press out to a 3cm-thick round.
- Dip a 6cm round cutter into flour and cut out scones. Press leftover dough pieces together and repeat to make 12 scones.
- Place scones, just touching, in the prepared pan. Brush with extra milk and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden and hollow when tapped on top.
- Serve warm with butter.
ENJOY OVER A CHAT AND YOUR FAVOURITE MADURA BREW!