Boost your Christmas Chicken With A TEA’wist!
Give your roast chicken dinner this summer a zesty sprinkling of our native superhero – Australian Lemon Myrtle. The leaves of the lemon myrtle tree are harvested for their aromatic essential oils, citrus-sweet flavour, and incredible health and wellbeing benefits. Rich in antioxidants, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, lemon myrtle has been known to be effective in helping ones overall wellbeing. Making them a delicious and healthy option when looking to give your roast a different and zingy flavour! Did you know?
That we share our region with another Aussie legend? Australian Lemon Myrtle, the ‘superfood of the bush,’ thrives in our area, and we’re proud to include one of nature’s finest resources in our range of award-winning teas. Steep, marinate and roast!
- 4 Madura Australian Lemon Myrtle Leaf Infusers
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Remove lemon myrtle leaves from infusers and combine with oil, garlic, zest, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the mixture over chicken drumsticks and allow to infuse for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Oven bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite salad.