For the aromatic salt:
- 2 tablespoons salt flakes
- 1 lemon myrtle tea bag
- ½ teaspoon of grated lemon zest
- 6 coriander seeds
For the prawns:
- 18 extra large whole king prawns
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 long fresh chilli -cut in half and deseeded if you don’t like it spicy
- Infuse olive with chilli – set aside
- For the salt - combine all the ingredients together in a mortar and grind with the pestle until fine and aromatic and set aside
- For the prawns - break off their heads and discard, split the prawns in half lengthwise with a large sharp knife. Scrape out any traces of the intestinal tract running along the spine of the prawns.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of the lemon salt, cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat your BBQ and place the prawns shell-side down on the grill.
- Drizzle with chilli olive oil and BBQ for about 2-3 minutes until they are cooked by just starting to turn opaque and aromatic.