With the hot weather still about – why not treat your taste buds to a refreshing icy cold brew – in fact, a lychee infused iced brew! This delicious iced tea is super easy to make and made with freshly brewed Madura Earl Grey Tea infused with lychee. It's a refreshing summer treat bursting with flavour.
- They contain Vitamin C, Vitamin B-complex, copper, folate, magnesium and phytonutrient flavonoids.
- They contain fibre which can increase metabolism fat, protein and carbohydrate.
- Lychees also contain high amounts of antioxidants.
With this recipe, we have selected a Madura Earl Grey, due to the unique bergamot flavour.
Lychee Iced Tea
- 3 Madura Earl Grey tea bags
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 2 handfuls lychees peeled and deseeded. They are in season, so we recommend fresh, fresh and fresh!
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- 3 cups boiling water
- 500 mL of soda water You can even add a splash of alcohol to make it more adult-friendly if you so choose!
- Place 3 cups of boiling water into a heatproof bowl with the Madura Earl Grey tea bags and steep until the brew is at room temperature
- Discard the tea bags
- Add the fresh pitted lychees to the bowl
- Refrigerate the mixture until thoroughly chilled
- Just before serving, pour the ice-cold tea into a large glass pitcher
- Add mint leaves and ice to the pitcher
- Top up the jug with soda water
- Serve the tea immediately