If you’ve ever been handed a chilled glass of iced tea
on a hot summer’s day, you’ll understand why it’s one of Australia’s most popular beverages for beating the heat. The winning combination of infused tea and ice is not only deliciously refreshing; it’s super easy to prepare with enough versatility to please the taste buds of adults and children alike. And, with so many flavour combinations to choose from, your ice tea indulgence is only limited by your imagination. Madura Tea
, Australia's multi-award-winning tea producer, is your perfect iced tea partner this spring and summer.
Why is Iced Tea the Ultimate Summertime Drink?
Iced Tea – Part of your daily health routine
Apart from being refreshing and delicious, iced tea is one of the simplest and best health boosters around. It not only helps you stay hydrated by replenishing fluids, it has multiple health benefits and makes the ideal supplement for cleansing, detox, and exercise. Tea’s health benefits have been celebrated for centuries and include a powerful combination of antioxidants, trace minerals, and nutrients that aid digestion, boost the immune system, protect your liver, and reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. For maximum benefit, customise your iced tea to supercharge your daily health routine. By adding in additional ingredients with their own health-promoting properties – fruit, herbs, and spices – you’re not only quenching your thirst, but you’re also nourishing your body and mind.
Which Tea to Use? Not All Teas are Created Equal
The secret to creating the perfect iced tea lies in the quality of the leaves. The most flavoursome iced tea demands high-quality tea with a complex taste and distinct aroma. Madura Tea
is committed to producing the cleanest, freshest, highest quality tea from plantation to pour, and our extensive range of blends
can be transformed into iced tea that delivers on taste and quality every time. With over twenty-five premium Madura blends
, creating your own iced tea has never been easier. Mix and match black tea with herbal infusions, or take advantage of Madura’s delicious green teas blended with Jasmine
, Australian Lemon Myrtle
; or opt for the delicate taste of Sencha
, Sweet Green
, or the aromatic Dragon Pearl
blend. Try this Madura Green and Jasmine Iced Tea
for inspiration: Ingredients
2 litres of filtered water 6 Madura Green and Jasmine
tea bags 1 ½ lemons juiced 5 tbsp of raw honey Mint and extra lemon slices for decoration Directions
Bring the water just to the boil. Add tea and brew according to packet instructions. Once brewed, remove tea bags. Whilst the tea is still warm, add in honey and stir to dissolve. When cooled to room temperature, pour in lemon juice. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking. Pour over ice and enjoy! You’ll find recipes for other delicious iced teas, and other refreshing summertime treats at Madura Tea's recipe page
Madura’s Top Tips For Perfect Iced Tea
For the ideal iced tea starter pack or a great Christmas gift
- Steep your tea properly to make the most of its antioxidants and healing properties. Always follow the brewing directions on the packet to ensure you steep your tea for the optimal length of time.
- Unlike store-bought varieties that are often laden with sugar and additives, when you make your own iced tea you are in control of what goes into it. If you want add a little sweetness to your brew, simply add a squeeze of pure honey, or enjoy the natural sugar burst from strawberries, peaches, and other fruits.
- Take your iced tea from day to night by adding a measure of your favourite alcohol or soda. A splash of rum or sparkling wine can turn your iced tea into a cocktail for a lazy afternoon under a shady verandah.
- If you’ve got any leftovers, try freezing your iced tea in ice cube trays or popsicle moulds for a refreshing treat the whole family will love.
for the tea lover in your life check out Madura’s ‘Let it Chill ‘T’ Box'
– a reusable wooden display box filled with 72 individually sealed tea bags showcasing some of Madura’s most popular iced tea flavours.
Iced Tea - the coolest drink this summer Have you discovered our Let It Chill T Box?
Let It Chill Iced Tea Box