Iced tea, preferably homemade, is such a delicious and healthy treat - especially during the summer. It’s just so refreshing and comforting to sit down with a tall glass… a really, really tall glass of iced tea and just simply do nothing.
- 5 apricots, seed removed, quartered
- 4 tbsp. granulated brown sugar or preferred sweetener
- 1250ml filtered water
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 5 camomile teabags
- 1 lemon, sliced
- fresh mint for serving
- In a medium saucepan combine the apricots, sugar and 250 ml (1 cup) of water.
- Cook on high heat, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and cook for about 10 minutes, until the apricots are tender.
- Add the remaining water (1000 ml) and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the pan from heat, add the honey and camomile tea and cover the pan with a plate (or lid).
- Allow to steep for about an hour.
- After an hour, strain the tea before pouring into your favourite glass jug.
- Cover, allow to cool to room temperature; then chill in the fridge for a few hours or until you are ready to serve.
- Serve in a glass filled with ice and lemon slices.
- You can store this tea up to two days in the fridge – we don’t think it will last that long though.
It is delish! Shop for Let it Chill 'T' Box