Lemon biscuits that are so delicious and easy to make that you might just never buy store biscuits again!
- 1 tsp lemon myrtle tea – ground down in a mortar and pestle
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 200g plain flour
- 2 lemons, zest of
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- plain flour
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in the egg until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, lemon zest, ground lemon myrtle tea leaves, baking powder and salt and mix until you have a ball of dough.
- Cover the dough and place it in the fridge for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is approximately ½ cm thick.
- Roll a tablespoon of mixture into balls and place them onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Lightly press down on each ball flattening out the dough slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are light brown.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Dust the cookies with icing sugar.
Steep. Sip. Enjoy
Every good story begins with a great cuppa, and the Madura adventure started back in 1978 in the hills of Clothiers Creek, north of Byron Bay. As a family-owned farm, we are committed to remaining 100% Australian owned and operated – after all, our community and employees are the backbones of our business. We welcome you to discover Madura Tea or contact us for more information.Photo by Adam Bartoszewicz