Get a Spanish touch with iced Sangria tea - a refreshing beverage to accompany summer fruits. Make your own signature tea-infused sangria using Madura Premium Blend tea, perfect for a refreshing summer drink.
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 Madura Premium Blend tea bags
- 2 tablespoons of sugar – adjust to your taste
- 3 cups of a good quality red wine
- 1 orange sliced (no pith)
- 1 lemon, sliced (no pith)
- 2 cups of mixed berries (quarter large strawberries)
- 1 1/2 cups chilled club soda or lemonade if you prefer a sweeter drink
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and steep Madura Premium Blends tea bags for no less than 6 mins – remove and discard bags.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve while tea is steeping. Set aside to cool.
- In a large pitcher, add tea mixture, citrus slices, and berries.
- Pour red wine over fruit and stir - refrigerate 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, add soda water or lemonade and mix.
- Optional: stir in fresh herbs such as mint and basil a few hours before serving.