Super easy, no baking required, healthy and delish!
Boost your happiness with this moist, grain-free cake full of delicious flavor. We used organic produce wherever possible but keeping it delicious and healthy is our main aim.
- 2 bags of Organic Black Tea with Cinnamon
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of cashews, soaked in the brew mixture
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
- Water, as needed to achieve desired consistency.
Now for the cake:
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour or buckwheat flour
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Make the frosting by blending all ingredients until smooth and setting aside.
- Grate 2 large peeled carrots and blend with remaining cake ingredients until finely chopped and slightly wet/sticky.
- Press half of the cake mixture into the bottom of an adjustable spring-form pan (approximately 6 inches).
- Spread about 1/3 of the frosting on top of the cake mixture and freeze until the frosting is hard.
- Press the remaining cake mixture on top of the hardened frosting.
- Allow the cake to set in the fridge overnight before frosting the remaining cake.
- Frost the cake and enjoy! This recipe was inspired by Rawsome Vegan Baking by Emily von Euw.