Delicious and full-bodied Earl Grey waffles to satisfy your hunger
WHAT YOU NEED
- Serves: 4
- 1⅔ cups almond milk
- 3 tbsp Madura Earl Grey leaves
- 2 eggs, separate whites & yolks, keep both
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- 100% pure maple syrup, to serve
- Fresh blueberries, to serve
- Heat almond milk gently in a saucepan; steep Earl Grey in stainless-steel infuser with almond milk.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 mins, then add olive oil.
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks and coconut sugar.
- While eggs and sugar are beating, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in separate bowl.
- Alternate flour mixture and milk/oil mixture into egg yolks and sugar bowl, stirring after each addition.
- Beat egg whites and fold gently into batter.
- Cook waffles according to instructions on the waffle maker.
- Serve waffles with pure maple syrup, fresh blueberries and a pot of tea!
Madura Earl Grey Tea