A healthy and refreshing treatAs hot summer days race towards us so does the want for something, cold, creamy and delicious! The colour of these gorgeous popsicles alone is really quite something and in all honesty you could mix up the citrus with whatever fruit takes your fancy. They truly are a delicious treat to be enjoyed by all. Homemade popsicles are not only super easy to make but equally a healthy and refreshing treat to help cool down from the heat.
- 1 (420 grams) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1-1/4 cup fresh blood orange juice, pulp okay
- 1/4 cup light agave nectar/syrup, more or less to taste.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, vanilla, and 2 tbsp. of the agave nectar/syrup until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the blood orange juice and the remaining agave, until combined. Add more agave, to taste, as necessary.
- For a creamy pop: Stir together the coconut milk and blood orange juice, and divide evenly between the popsicle molds. Freeze for 30 minutes, then insert the popsicle sticks and continue freezing for 4 hours, or until firm.
- For a layered pop: Pour the coconut milk into the popsicle mold - divided evenly between the popsicle molds. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes, then top with the blood orange juice. Freeze again for 30 minutes, then insert the popsicle sticks and continue freezing for 4 hours, or until firm.