Classic. Simple. Delish.When it comes to a humble biscuit, it doesn’t get much more classic than a good old fashioned Jam Drop! Simple but delicious biscuits filled with tiny dollops of jam. Choose to fill your jam drops with any flavour of jam you like, albeit raspberry, strawberry or blueberry – just ensure to choose whatever suits you best.
Our sneaky tips
To make the jam drops look perfect, pop the dough into the fridge to chill for at least half an hour before using. Also, don’t overfill the jam will drizzle out as the biscuits cook and spread. Ingredients
- 180 g of butter, softened to room temperature
- 220 g (1 cup) of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 300 g (2 cups) of plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Jam - the choice of flavor is up to you.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius (fan-forced).
- Grease and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the sugar and softened butter with electric beaters or a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and continue to mix until combined.
- Sift in the plain flour and baking powder, and stir gently to combine.
- Roll the mixture into small balls.
- Place the balls onto the baking trays and use the tip of your thumb to create an indent in the middle that goes approximately one-third to one-half of the way down.
- Place a small amount of jam into each indent.
- Place the trays into the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake the jam drops for approximately 10 minutes or until they are lightly golden.
- Allow the jam drops to cool.
- Put the kettle on while you wait for the jam drops to cool.
Madura is committed to producing pure, healthy tea that is bursting with flavour. To read more about Madura Tea Estate or discover all of our quality blends, organic and herbal teas, we welcome you to visit our online store.