Hot Chocolate Infused With T - Oh How Grown Up Of Us!
We love tea… no I mean we really L O V E tea, at times we are probably a little over the top, maybe even a tad obsessive, but can you blame us? And with Easter nearly upon us, chocolate is certainly surrounding our every move, trying to infiltrate our tea obsession. I mean, we do agree that a piece of decadent chocolate with a cuppa certainly brings happiness to our taste buds, but then that got us to thinking and sometimes the simplest discoveries are some of the most delicious! What if, we said to you ‘Infused hot chocolate with tea’ – Wait - don’t leave, this pure indulgent brew is not only super easy to make but is also OMGeee. The flavour combinations are truly limited by your zest for creativity. Try infusing pure vanilla bean seeds and peppermint or Chai and WOW. These two brews are truly only the beginning of where you can take your creativity. The trick to a perfect, decadent mug of tea infused with hot chocolate is the quality of the ingredients - so be sure to pick your favourite Madura brew, high quality chocolate and full cream milk! Now is not the time to worry about your weight J For an interesting T’wist we have chosen to work with Earl Grey – it adds a citrus note to the hot choc! Our tip: Definitely try this!
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Approximately 140 grams dark chocolate, finely chopped (can be substituted with milk chocolate for a sweeter option)
- 1 tablespoon Earl Grey loose tea or 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar (add more if you prefer a sweeter taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: shaved chocolate
- Cream Topping:
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a saucepan, heat milk and heavy cream on a low-medium heat until bubbles form along the sides of the pan.
- Turn off heat and add in Earl Grey tea and steep for 10 minutes - discard tea leaves or bags.
- Turn heat on low and stir in finely chopped chocolate into the Earl Grey infused milk until the chocolate has completely melted.
- To make the cream topping, combine sugar, heavy cream and whip until cream thickens, stop just before soft peaks form.
- Pour hot chocolate into two mugs and top with cream topping.
- Add a little shaved chocolate to top of cream if desired.