Skip to content
Chai Tea Poached Pears
- 1 litre water
- 1½ cups (330g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 Te Chai pyramid leaf tea bags
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 x medium beurre bosc pears, peeled
- Place the water, sugar, tea bags, cinnamon and cardamom in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the gentle boil – allow to brew for 5 mins.
- Remove the tea bags and add the pears.
- Cover with a piece of non-stick baking paper and top with a small plate or lid to weigh down the pears.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 35–40 minutes or until the pears are soft.
- Carefully remove the pears from the syrup, increase the heat to high and cook for 20–25 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- Spoon the syrup over the pears to serve.
- Serves 4.
- This delicious recipe is inspired by Donna Hay – thank you always for tantalising our taste buds!
- Shop for Chai.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.