Home baking is associated with comfort food and can have therapeutic value for mental health. John Whaite, winner of the Great British Bake Off, found that baking helped lift his depression. Baking provides creative expression and stress relief, which can improve overall wellbeing. Get baking and unleash your creativity, and try the delicious chai-infused banana and blueberry loaf.
- 2 mashed ripe banana
- ¼ cup of fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated brown sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 Madura Te Chai leaf infusers
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mash banana in stand mixer.
- Add blueberries, yogurt, butter, vanilla extract, and eggs to mixer bowl and beat until just blended.
- Add sugars and beat until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and contents of Te Chai leaf infusers.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture ½ cup at a time and gently beat until blended.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with butter.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 180° for 45-60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing and serve with a dollop of cream and homemade blueberry jam.