At Madura, we love winter and embrace it by enjoying comfort food like brownies, ice cream and cakes with warm, delicious caramel sauce. Caramel soothes the soul and there are endless ways to put your own personal flavour to it. We combined our love for tea with caramel to create a natural and unique flavour. Gooey Decadent Chai Spiced Caramel Sauce.
- 1 cup golden syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 x Madura Chai leaf infusers
- Heat cream in a small saucepan until tiny bubbles form around the edges of the pan.
- Place Madura Chai leaf infusers into the cream and remove from the heat and cover to steep and keep warm.
- Combine golden syrup, sugar, and salt in a heavy large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the mixture simmers around the edges.
- Wash the sugar and syrup from the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and wash down the sides once more.
- Continue to cook, uncovered, without stirring until the mixture reaches 150° C approx. about 15 to 20 min or until mixture begins to caramelise.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter chunks.
- Remove leaf infusers from the warm cream and gradually stir in; it will bubble up dramatically.
- Put the pan back on the burner and adjust the heat so that the mixture boils away gently - stir until smooth.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, to about 110° C.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Want to find 5 suggested reads that may just go hand in hand with eating your much love caramel sauce recipe click here Buy Chai