For the Icing -
- 3 tablespoons of your favourite Madura black tea
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 170 grams of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of raw granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup of honey + 3 extra table spoons
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
Honey whipped cream
- 1/2 cup of pure cream, cold
- 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Grind black tea leaves until coarsely ground in a spice grinder, or combine with milk in a blender and blend until consistent.
- Heat the milk and ground tea leaves until simmering then turn off the heat and allow to steep while cooling to room temperature.
- Beat cream, butter, and sugar together until light and fluffy, around 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating each into the creamed butter mixture until light and fluffy, around 2 minutes for each egg.
- Add honey and vanilla extract and beat until smoothly combined.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Beat flour mixture and black tea-infused milk alternately with the creamed butter mixture, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Butter and flour the inside of a loaf pan, tapping to release excess flour.
- Pour batter into pan and swirl in 3 tablespoons of honey.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown on top and a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Whip cream, sweetened condensed milk, and honey together until soft peaks form, then chill in the fridge.
- Serve chilled whipped cream as an accompaniment to the cooled cake.
– Serve with your favourite Madura Black Tea
and enjoy! Buy Madura Black Tea
Inspired by Lady and Pups Honey Pound Cake.