Mini Blueberry TartsAll tea lovers can tell you that anytime of the day is the perfect time for enjoying a good brew!
Having a great day – enjoy a cuppa Having the worst day ever – sooth your soul with a cuppa I need to wind down – have another cuppa I’m feel super hot – refresh with an iced cuppaAnd I don’t think we are alone when we say…
I want something sweet to eat – then infuse your recipe with your favourite blend!
There are so many simple and easy basic recipes for you to get creative with, how adventurous you are feeling is truly up to you. After all, tea bags are really little flavour parcels so why not use them for other creative ideas rather than just steeping them in water - they truly can be so much more than just your daily cuppa? Brilliant we hear you say! :)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 Te Chai leaf infuser or 1 full teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 12 frozen sweet shortcrust pastry cases
- 125g fresh blueberries
- Place milk and vanilla in a saucepan over medium-low heat and add chai infuser or leaves.
- Cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until almost simmering, but do not boil.
- Remove infuser or strain leaves after 5 minutes, place back onto the stove for the remaining 3 minutes, then remove from the stove.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg yolks, sugar, and cornflour until thick and creamy using an electric mixer.
- Gradually pour milk mixture into the egg mixture while whisking until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a clean saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture comes to the boil.
- Gently boil, stirring, for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Bake pastry cases following packet directions. Cool.
- Divide custard between pastry cases.
- Top with fresh blueberries.
Super easy and YUMmeeeee.