ICE ICE… LATTE
As the temperatures rise, the desire for something cold and refreshing just heightens. And nothing is more inviting on a warm day than a homemade iced tea – natural, delicious, healthy and super easy to make! To celebrate everything Earl Grey, we have given the popular Earl Grey latte – better known as the delicious ‘London Fogg’ – a little makeover; setting it up perfectly as a gorgeous spring and summer iced tea crowd pleaser. By definition, lattes are generally made on milk - however, coconut milk is also a delicious alternative and pairs beautifully with vanilla - again, the choice is always yours.
4 Surprising Benefits of Earl Grey – which you may just not know!
- Good for Your Teeth: Tea contains very high levels of catechin, an antioxidant that fights oral infections, fluoride is also a natural component of Earl Grey tea.
- Digestion: Earl Grey tea has been known to help improve digestion and can aid the digestive process and help relieve painful indigestion, colic and nausea.
- Keep You Hydrated: And no, not just because you take it with water; unlike the dehydrating properties of coffee, tea can help you stay hydrated and maintains the body’s fluid balance because of its high potassium content.
- Stress Relief: Unlike the effects of coffee, Earl Grey tea can relax and soothe the body, it also has a stress relief effect whilst simultaneously providing the same clarity and focus as coffee.
As the weather warms up – step outside your comfort zone and try an ‘Icy Earl Grey Latte’ for a change. Just remember for a delicious iced tea latte, a strong infusion is a must. Steep, ice and enjoy.
- Bring 300 ml of water to a boil and brew 3 Earl Grey tea bags according to packet instructions.
- Remove the tea bags, set the tea aside, and allow it to cool.
- To make the vanilla syrup, boil 250 ml of water, add 2 tablespoons of sugar or honey, and stir until dissolved.
- Reduce heat, add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla with seeds (adjust to personal taste), and stir.
- Set the syrup aside and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, fill a large jar with a lid and add the tea brew, vanilla syrup, and 150 ml of milk (your choice).
- Shake it well.
- To serve, fill a pitcher with ice and pour in the mixture. Enjoy the refreshing drink.
- Bring 300 ml of water to a boil and brew tea bags according to packet instructions.
- Remove tea bags and set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan, boil 250 ml of water and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat, add vanilla, and continue stirring.
- Set aside and allow syrup to cool.
- Fill a large jar with a lid with the tea brew, vanilla syrup, and milk.
- Shake the jar to combine ingredients.
- Fill a pitcher with ice and pour in the mixture.
- Serve and enjoy the refreshing beverage.