Madura celebrates tea for men’s health, happiness, and historical highpoints … just in time for Father’s Day.
Did you know that tea has been a leading daily drop for men’s health and image since … well, the last several thousand years? Throughout the ages, tea has outranked every beverage except water as the prime pick-me-up for wellness, style, sustenance, and taste.
Step aside, there is a ‘strong’ brew on the block…
For modern men, the world of tea has never looked hipper. With Madura’s exciting range of blends and infusions ranging from the traditional to the exotic, you can enjoy a first class brew anywhere from the office to the worksite to the footy field. You can now find boutique tea menus included in funky cafes, high end bars and restaurants, and an extensive range of bagged and loose leaf tea representing the best in contemporary trends on offer at supermarkets, and the modern Aussie pantry. Old school favourites such as Madura’s award winning Premium Blend, Earl Grey and English Breakfast are natural crowd pleasers, but also try experimenting with new taste sensations: chai, white, and green teas, as well as fragrantly refreshing herbal infusions. Every cup of tea is brimming with flavour and vitality, but before we take a look at the myriad male health benefits tea delivers, let’s take a moment to celebrate some of tea’s manliest highlights throughout history:
- Did you know tea was the beverage of choice for Samurai warlords? In Japan’s Samurai culture a 16th century tea ceremony called Chanoyu – ‘the way of the tea’ – was established by warlords who used tea as an esteemed reward to their generals, and as an administrative formality to discuss matters of state.
- Tea won a world war! Okay, perhaps it wasn’t tea itself, but it sure played a central role in keeping British troops hydrated and fortified during World War II. Recognising the act of making and drinking tea was a time for bonding, and raising morale and courage, the British Government in 1942 bought the entire supply of black tea available on the European market to rally their men.
- Mustachioed military men in Victorian England inspired the creation of the ‘Mustache Cup’ to ensure steam from hot tea wouldn’t melt men’s moustache wax or stain their facial hair.
- Tea played an integral role in the American Revolution. When the Tea Act of 1773 was passed by Britain, it lead to the notorious Boston Tea Party, where the Sons of Liberty dumped $18,000 worth of tea into the Boston Harbour, an event that ignited the fires of revolution.
Tea, we salute you!
Health benefits of tea for all mankind
The health benefits of tea have been recognised for thousands of years. For centuries throughout China and India tea has been consumed as a medicinal beverage. With the western world catching up, today tea’s health-promoting properties are used around the globe to counter numerous ailments and conditions. With high levels of antioxidants, fluoride and magnesium, potassium, zinc and folic acid, tea is a health-promoting tonic delivering amazing health benefits to tackle many of men’s common health issues. A daily cuppa can help:
- Reduce the risk of heart disease, reduce cholesterol, and decrease the chances of stroke by as much as 50%.
- Assist with weight loss and exercise. While green tea is your hero when it comes to fat burning, metabolism, and physical performance, all tea is low-carb, low calorie and completely sugar free.
- Reduce the risk of several different types of cancer, including prostate cancer - the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australian men that claims 3000 lives annually.
- Boost memory and help decrease the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Prevent insomnia and assist with a good night’s sleep - so important for mental and emotional health.
- Fight inflammation, improve digestion, and keep your immune system in good shape, so you can put your best foot forward – work, rest, or play.
Quality men deserve quality tea
With Father’s Day fast approaching, you won’t find a more practical, economical and convenient gift for the important men in your life on September 2nd than Madura Tea. While we hate to generalise, it is fairly safe to say many men rate practicality, value for money, and usefulness pretty highly. When you add health and wellbeing into the equation, along with tea’s contemporary coolness factor, the gift of tea is a winner in any bloke’s books.
Madura’s special tea gift offer
To celebrate Father’s Day, Madura are combining practicality with personality. The result is a handy, heartfelt keepsake every Dad will cherish. Our reusable tea caddies
are smart and stylish and come customised with a name or message of your choice. Designed to store up to 50 teabags, leaf tea and pouches, Madura tea caddies are a uniquely personal present that will last a life time. For a limited time only, take advantage of a great offer from our online store. When you spend $40 on tea, tea accessories, giftware or related products, you’ll receive 50 bags of Madura Organic Strong Bew Tea free of charge
, so Dad can start the day with a powerful burst of flavour and wellbeing.
Madura - Real tea since 1978.
To learn more about the health benefits of tea for men phone (02) 6670 6000 or visit www.maduratea.com.au Sources researched: https://www.thevintagenews.com/2017/06/02/during-wwii-the-british-government-bought-the-worlds-entire-supply-of-tea/ https://www.getholistichealth.com/33146/drinking-green-tea-more-manly-than-you-thought/ http://www.prostate.org.au/awareness/general-information/what-you-need-to-know-about-prostate-cancer/ https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/primer-manly-tradition-tea/ https://www.verywellfit.com/tea-nutrition-facts-calories-and-health-benefits-4113298